If you’re only going to use 1 new digital marketing strategy in 2017, make sure it’s remarketing. Most sites can only convert maybe 3% off their visitors. With remarketing you’ll be able to continue to work on the remaining 97%

What Is Remarketing?

You’ve probably experienced remarketing and not known it. Remember that bed you looked on Ebay that one time then it followed you around the internet? Or that lovely dress you put into your basket but you knew you couldn’t afford, but it’s now appeared on your Facebook so it must be fate? That’s remarketing. Those businesses have a small piece of code on their web page which adds a delicious cookie to your PC. So now you’re hooked in.

Once this cookie is on your PC they have the ability to show you that dress or bed on any web page part of the Google Display Network. They can even show you the same dress, or similar dresses through Facebook Ads and sponsored messages. Remarketing is about marketing to those who have been your website but left without converting.

Why Does Remarketing Work?

Remarketing is so effective because it allows you to target a specific audience who are already aware of your brand or product. Remarketing adds a sense of “trustworthiness” to the customer’s purchase. Which is why you’ll see a much higher ROI on remarketing than any of your other digital marketing channels.

According to ComScore – Remarketed ads lead to a 1046% increase in branded searches and a 726% increase in website visits after 4 weeks of remarketing.

How do I start remarketing?

Hold your horses, firstly there are a few steps you need to complete.

  1. Have your web developer add either the Google Remarketing code or the Facebook pixel to your website header. This can be found within Google Adwords or your Facebook Page Ads Manager.
  2. Start creating potential audiences based on what you want to achieve.

The Laser Red Remarketing Process

Your audiences can be as broad or as specific as you want. If all you want to do is target anybody who entered your homepage, that’s easy. But the power of remarketing lies in the ability to target very specific groups. If you wanted, you could set up an audience for people who entered your homepage > viewed a specific product > put it into the basket but didn’t reach the “thankyou” page. Remarketing is the perfect tool to combat cart abandonment. Considering the average abandonment rate for retail in 2016 was slightly over 70%, it can be incredibly effective.

Once you have these audiences full of lovely potential conversions you can create a series of ads tailored around their browsing habits. So not only are they already aware of who you are, they’ve even expressed interest in your product. It’s like shooting fish in a barrel!

Think you’re going to need our help?

Feel free to give me a shout if you need some help on getting remarketing running for you. Our team of digital marketers can guide you through the process and increase your conversions!

Call Tom now on 01472 878 496 or email us on  [email]office@laserred.co[/email]